Thursday, September 24, 2009

Flu

Yesterday when I picked dd5 up from school, she was sitting at a table in the computer lab complaining that her head hurt. The teacher said she hadn't hurt herself in P.E., and the "mom touch test" indicated that she had a fever. I got her into the car and before we even drove away from the school, she vomited her lunch and afternoon snack all over herself. She's thrown up twice since. Both she and dd2 had a fever through much of the night, although dd2's fever responded very well to medicine and she's been a happy camper all this morning. Dd5 is still pretty listless and seems to be just waiting to lose her breakfast.

Why is this blog-worthy? Because my children might have "swine flu", more correctly known as H1N1 flu. Dd5's sudden fever would especially fit the swine flu symptoms. We know that a family was in church Sunday who had a son suffering with swine flu recently. I'm all for being generally churchgoing folks, but I wish they'd decided to stay home. There are many pregnant women, including myself, at church, and we are at high risk for serious complications from swine flu. If dd5 has swine flu, my chances of avoiding it are very slim.

We'll see how the day goes....at least it's not the weekend....yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment