Tuesday, July 21, 2026

A planned World Cup winning goal perhaps?

Very occasionally, I watch sports. Two days ago, I watched the FIFA World Cup final match between Spain and Argentina. The halftime show and the thirty minutes of overtime play were great!

Early in the game, the cameras showed some of the celebrities in the stadium crowd. At one point, the camera showed actor Will Ferrell then went directly to Pharrell Williams, which was a fun recognition of the similarity of their names.

As the game progressed, it became less amusing that the cameras had singled out for notice to the viewing audience the names "William" and "Ferrell".

The only goal made (and allowed to stand) was made by Spain's Ferran Torres with help from Nico Williams. Because of this goal, Spain won the World Cup.

Ferran. Williams.

If I were into gambling on sporting events, this coincidence would have instantly cured me of throwing my money away. With all I have learned about wireless neuromodulation advances, advances, the name coincidence is too improbable not to raise suspicions. 

Especially when I just happened across the Official FIFA World Cup 26 Kids' Handbook this morning and saw that page 42 (a meme number connected to "revelation") had the name Ferran Torres encoded--literally, it's a decoding puzzle page--on it.

I'm no gambler. For those who are, what are the odds?!

No comments:

Post a Comment