Monday, August 17, 2009

Dinosaurs!

Who knew that dinosaurs were probably warm-blooded? Or that if they lived in water or air, they're not technically dinosaurs? I didn't this morning, but thanks to a family trip to the Rocky Mountain Dinosaur Resource Center in Woodland Park, Colorado, I have since learned these things. This is a very serious dinosaur center--they have their own lab in the back, and they sell dinosaur skeletons to museums all over. Not having been a dinosaur enthusiast all my life (unlike my husband, who still LOVES Jurassic Park), I found my eyes glazing over as I read some of the exhibit signs. My favorite parts were watching my children delight in "digging" for dinosaur bones and playing with dinosaur puppets, taking pictures with our heads looking as though they were dangerously close to carnivorous dinosaur mouths, and learning more about the historical movements of continents.

No comments:

Post a Comment