What am I, a mother of five children, supposed to say to that?
- "I'm sorry?" - I am. I value children and being a mother. I'm sorry she'll be missing out on those herself. But saying it sounds so patronizing, so I can't.
- "You might change your mind...when biology makes it no longer a daring choice but merely a foregone conclusion." - True, but kind of mean.
- "How wonderful! You wouldn't have made a good mother anyway." - Super mean.
- "Oh, yes, what a great decision. Children are so overrated." - Overrated, sure, sometimes. But still worth it.
- "You evil feminist harpy!" - I got the vibe that she was hoping for that response so she could play victim later in her feminist circles. But we love her and aren't going to attack her like that.
So I said nothing.