Thursday, September 10, 2009

Pan de Yuca

We loved eating yucca rolls (pan de yuca) when we lived in Ecuador. It has been sad not to find any frozen ones for sale here like they have in Ecuador. So today I made them from scratch! I used the recipe on the back of the yucca flour/starch we found at a local Latino market:
1 lb. queso fresco (grated)
1 cup almidon de yuca/yucca flour
1 slightly beaten egg
1 tsp baking powder
1-2 tablespoons water (just enough to make it so the dough sticks together)

Stir it all together to get a dough, make your rolls with the dough (about 20 or so of them), and bake on a slightly greased pan in a 375F oven for about 20 minutes (until the rolls are golden brown).
Easy and yummy! I think I'll use less cheese and water next time, though, because mine came out flatter than I remember them.

No comments:

Post a Comment