Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Cookbooks

I just watched Julie & Julia last night. The movie didn't particularly please me (c'mon, what Foreign Service spouse complains about being posted in Marseilles or Bonn when they could have been sent to Africa?!), but the concept of cooking one's way through a cookbook is pretty cool. I'll bet Julie could easily whip up French dishes after the year in which she completed over 500 French cooking recipes.

I think I'll do it. I'll cook everything in a cookbook, reserving the right to tinker with the recipes when necessary or convenient. I'm not a recipe Nazi. I won't set a one-year limit, nor will I choose such a large cookbook. I'm torn between this Ecuadorian cookbook and a free food storage cookbook that someone put on their blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment