Friday, January 23, 2009

Pizza Rolls

I have a new recipe that's quite popular with all who try it (most importantly, my little ones will eat it).
Using my usual dinner roll recipe (but without as much butter or sugar), I roll out a huge rectangle of dough (after it has risen once and been punched down). Then I put on spaghetti sauce, some mozzarella cheese and other pizza toppings. I roll the rectangle up into a big cylinder and then cut off disks just as though I were making cinnamon rolls. I put the pizza rolls on a greased pan, and then I put some mozzarella cheese on top of each roll. I let the rolls rise again. Then I cook them for about 15 minutes at 375F.
The rolls are like pizza, but they do not require as much cheese as traditional flat pizza, and it is much easier for my little ones to eat them because there is no hard crust. They also make great snacks because they taste good and are easy to carry around.

1 comment: