Monday, June 22, 2009

Women and Kitchens

While I was on the pioneer trek reenactment with my husband, his parents stayed in our house watching our children. They did a great job. We came back to happy, healthy children and a non-burglarized house (some suspicious people tried to come into the house, and it turned out later that they were likely involved in nearby burglaries).

One thing that was glaringly obvious to me after my return home was how differently my mother-in-law thinks about housekeeping. She buys different products than I would buy and puts dishes and other items in places I wouldn't consider logical. I hope to return my domain back to the way I like it within a week. Two grown women sharing a kitchen just doesn't work well unless one of them doesn't care about the kitchen's management, use, and organization.

No comments:

Post a Comment