Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Could molybdenum end cruise ship norovirus outbreaks?

Just as I was helping my friend's family and my own beat back nausea and vomiting from a severe "stomach bug" (https://petticoatgovernment.blogspot.com/2017/12/another-dramatic-success-for-molybdenum.html) (my turn to host the virus was Monday, and thanks to molybdenum, the worst I experienced was a moderately sore stomach), the news carried a story about a Royal Caribbean ship having a big outbreak of what appears to be a gastrointestinal virus. (http://www.miamiherald.com/living/travel/cruises/article190143054.html) After all I've seen in the past 18 months of molybdenum's effectiveness and apparent safety, I feel like the kid in class who's practically jumping in her seat with hand raised to get the teacher to call on her, "I have an answer, I have an answer, call on me, please!" But, alas, I don't know anyone who works in cruise ship medicine. I live in Colorado. Not a lot of cruises originating out of Denver....

(Disclaimer: I do not prescribe the use of pharmaceutical drugs in any way. I am not a physician, and I reject out of hand any attempt to hold me liable for what boils down to a discussion of food. Any use of a molybdenum supplement should be prudent and guided by the tested tolerable upper intake levels for its usage (see http://lpi.oregonstate.edu/mic/minerals/molybdenum for those limits). Any use of an isolated molybdenum supplement during pregnancy should be under the direction of a medical professional as such supplements have apparently not been tested during pregnancy.)

No comments:

Post a Comment